danielhv

Well Known Member
I have float senders mounted in the 2nd bay (flop tubes) and got all the wire and connectors. Im just trying to figure out which the best route would be as far as routing. I cant wait to do this because once the wing is on, I will not have access to the sender. Here are the options I have thought of:

1. Drill an 11/32 hole through each Z bracket for gromets to pass the wire through (I have some groments that are 11/32 OD, 1/8 ID, which is bigger than the wire (20g) but its all I could find... does the wire have to be snug inside the gromet?)

2. Drill the same size hole through the web then bring it to the root end...

Option 1 seems to be the best to me, but I dont want to drill holes that aren't in the plans without asking here first. :D Any body have any other ideas or input?

Here is what I had in mind (and yes I know the flag is backwards in this pic, its been fixed :)) :

sender.jpg

Last edited:
below or above z-brackets

Hi Daniel,

I'm quite curious about the answers also. I think the standard approach is to route the wire along the rear baffle of the tank above or below of the z-brackets. You have to make sure it can't shave anywhere but that's doable.

Kind regards,

Mario (planning Oshkosh '09, first time, soooo exited)

Leave plenty of wire. At least enough to get up to the panel and your fuel gauge without a splice if possible.

greg

Called Vans Firday, they said to drill holes through the Z brackets... keep it as small as possible. Use grommets and RTV to hold wire in place. Just FYI.