alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
In the installation of my right tank float fuel sender, I made (what I believe are all the right bends) but can't get the float to not hit the stiffener on the bottom of the tank with the float itself oriented the way the drawings suggest. For both the right tank and the left tank, the drawings show that the float should be pointed forward. However, when I do so on the right tank, the float stops against the stiffener rather than going all the way to the skin on the bottom end of the travel. If, on the other hand, I reverse the orientation of the float so that it points aft, problem solved. [See picture below] I checked--I am using the correct sender for the right tank (the "C" version") and I have all the bends the right way.

What's wrong? Did I misbend something?

For a link to the drawings, go to
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=2582

139393519nl.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Last edited:
Steve,
We're at the same point in the build process as I bent my right tank sender arm this morning. I pointed my right float aft because 1) there wasn't a diagram in the S-W box indicating otherwise, 2) I threw out the left tank sender info last month, and 3) it'll probably send more accurate info to the gage pointing aft and not contacting the stiffener.

-9A fuselage shippng the week of 9/19,
Steve