apatti

Well Known Member
All,

Am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time... I mount the fuel selector to the fuel selector mounting bracket with two AN4 bolts. These bolt heads stick up high enough to interfere with the mid cabin cover that lays on top of the bracket. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, why are the holes drilled into the the F898's (through the mid cabin cover) tapped for 8-32's. Why not just use platenuts like everywhere else?

Thanks,

unibit

I made holes in the cover for the bolt heads to stick through. also departed from the plans for hardware in that area, to make it more substantial.

I'm not much on the idea of trying to tap those holes, and will likely deviate again and use the nutplates you mentioned or other method.

apatti said:
All,

Am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time... I mount the fuel selector to the fuel selector mounting bracket with two AN4 bolts. These bolt heads stick up high enough to interfere with the mid cabin cover that lays on top of the bracket. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, why are the holes drilled into the the F898's (through the mid cabin cover) tapped for 8-32's. Why not just use platenuts like everywhere else?

Thanks,
Tony,

Maybe I am missing something too, but referencing DWG 68 which is for the 8....the mid cabin covers are P/N F-881. Admittedly, the -8A might be configured a bit differently but there should be enough commonality to find my data points useful. Those covers are indeed punched for number #8 screws...and those screw hole locations eventually mate with the F-878 brace and F-844 aux. longeron that nutplates are installed in.

Perhaps you installed washers underneath the heads of the bolts attaching the fuel valve to its (F-883-1) bracket. If so, that might be the reason they protrude too high and interfere with the cover. Without washers installed under the heads of the AN4 bolts thus causing excess protrusion, my mid-cabin cover lays across the top just fine. If that doesn't work, you can always fab up spacers (using bundle stock) to be added between the F-883 fuel selector bracket and the F-844 aux. longeron and F-878 brace as required.

fuselageassembly20812edhi5.jpg

Last edited: