Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
On a recent trip, I was real glad that I had two hour plus reserves when the destination airport had a storm cloud overhead with a little baby funnel cloud hanging down. I went to a neighboring airport and they had gas, but not on the weekends... But I had enough gas to fly to another airport, an hour away, and land with an hour reserve. If I'd done a maximum range (or maximum bladder) flight, I'd not have had enough gas to go anywhere else with legal reserves.

The RV-9A is currently down about three hours after its last flight, and I was going to get gas this morning at another airport. However, both Visa cards have been hacked and not yet replaced, so if I'd flown to that other airport, I'd probably not be able to get gas with the AmEx card and would be way low on fuel to get back home with legal reserves.

Deja vu all over again...

We're drinking the same Kool-Aid...It's a great comfort to always have extra fuel onboard, even flying around locally. I usually top off after every flight, so there's 4-plus hours of fuel there for my typical outing of 1.4 hours or so.

Sorry to hear of the credit card hacks. I had one compromised a couple of months back. It's a sad sign of the times.

Last edited: