dweyant

Well Known Member
I've got three flights on N96KD now, and as I'm starting to learn the plane she is just a heck of a lot of fun to fly!

As you would expect I've got a number of relatively minor issues that I'm working through.

Garmin has been amazing at helping me get a couple of issues with the G3X resolved (my installation issues). I can't say enough good things about the response time, and how helpful those guys are, even at off hours.

Anyway, my current issue/question is with regards to the electric Fuel pump.

I have the one that vans sells with the Fuel Injection kit. The specs say it should draw a max of 4.0 amps, so I hooked it up to a 5 amp breaker on my VP/X. Unfortunately in reality it is drawing more like 6.5 amps and the VP/X is blowing the breaker on me during flight.

It is going to be a fairly decent pain in the rear to change the pin that the pump is on, but I also want to make sure if these are valid values, or do I possibly have something wrong with the pump?

thanks,

-Dan

I've got three flights on N96KD now, and as I'm starting to learn the plane she is just a heck of a lot of fun to fly!

As you would expect I've got a number of relatively minor issues that I'm working through.

Garmin has been amazing at helping me get a couple of issues with the G3X resolved (my installation issues). I can't say enough good things about the response time, and how helpful those guys are, even at off hours.

Anyway, my current issue/question is with regards to the electric Fuel pump.

I have the one that vans sells with the Fuel Injection kit. The specs say it should draw a max of 4.0 amps, so I hooked it up to a 5 amp breaker on my VP/X. Unfortunately in reality it is drawing more like 6.5 amps and the VP/X is blowing the breaker on me during flight.

It is going to be a fairly decent pain in the rear to change the pin that the pump is on, but I also want to make sure if these are valid values, or do I possibly have something wrong with the pump?

thanks,

-Dan

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer of the pump? They would likely be the most educated regarding whether a higher than specified current draw is an indication of a problem.

A higher than desirable resistance on one or more wire connections for the pump circuit could also cause a slightly higher current draw.

It should be on a 7.5 or 10 amp broker, so you will need a 10Amp circuit for it. It would also work to combine 2 5Amp circuits if that is easier, but you have a limited number of circuits, so getting a 10 would be best.