Russ McCutcheon

Well Known Member
I installed a new fuel pump back a few months and I don?t like how the line from the pump to the engine/fuel servo is secured, the fitting just snugs down against an O-ring, too tight and the O-ring squirts out, too loose and it would leak, the only thing that keeps this fitting from backing out is the hose/line it is attached too can?t let it turn, you can grab the line and wiggle the fitting in the pump body, I don?t think it?s safe like this. So what do I need to make this right?

The inlet fitting is a 90 degree and it has a lock nut that traps the O-ring and keeps the fitting secure, this seems good and safe.

The lock nut secures the O ring and locks the fitting in place!

07-00782s.jpg

Yes the straight fitting just gets tightened into the pump, the nut/washer setup on the other fittings allow you change the orientation of the fitting to meet your hose.

Yes the straight fitting just gets tightened into the pump, the nut/washer setup on the other fittings allow you change the orientation of the fitting to meet your hose.

Thanks!!! I have the correct 90, just need the straight one, ordering it now!

Thanks Paul and Walt

This fitting is just right! I feel much better about things now!!! The old fitting did have a shoulder but the shoulder was too small and the O ring would try to pop out past it, the new one just tightens up nice, no fuss or worries. Thanks!