yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Installing the required new pump took about 30 minutes, Installing the fuel drain line too about 2 hours! Forward double Adel clamp FINALLY went into place and holds the line securely. IMHO, the aft double clamp CANNOT be installed with the muffler in place, so that will wait until the next CI. The line can be securely tie-wrapped to the engine mount and then to the gascolator hose just after it's connected to the rubber hose portion, No contact between the aluminum line and any metal part anywhere and it's supposedly a line that won't carry any fuel unless there's a major problem.

Wayne 120241/143WM

Hi Wayne,

Just a suggestion. Since the aluminum tube doesn't allow you to visually see if there is any leakage from the pump, why not use a clear plastic tube about 6" before the aluminum tube? From the pump nipple to the aluminum tube. Most people use only the clear plastic tubing any way. Then when you pop the top cowl off a quick visual will let you know if fluid has been leaking down the tube.

just a thought.

New fuel pump?

I'm not aware of a new fuel pump requirement. Are we talking Rotax engine driven pump or electric pump in the tunnel? Thx for the info!
Buzz

You're a better man than I am.

Mine will wait until next year;s CI.

Congratulations!!

PS-- I hope there's a very warm spot reserved for the guy who thought up double Adel clamps!

Wayne 120241/143WM

You're a better man than I am.

Congratulations!!

Wayne 120241/143WM

Did you mean that cynical? (English is not my mother tongue) ... I just posted to inform other builders that it is possible to do without removing the muffler
(although that only clamp took an hour).

That was sincere!!!

After several tries I concluded that it couldn't be done but you showed that it could. No sarcasm intended at al;l!

Wayne 120241/143WM