DaAV8R

Well Known Member
As usual, I'm doing some head scratching.

There are provisions for two fuel lines thru the left gear tower. I am carbureted so I will only have the supply line from the valve to the pump (not using a filter). The plans appear to show the supply line thru the inboard set of holes. Oddly enough the inner hole is only piloted at the back of the tower. I am thinking about using the outboard set of holes (closest to the skin) for my supply line. They are drilled a bit higher than the inner holes which may make bending the supply line a bit more difficult.

If I use the holes closest to the skin, I am thinking I will move the fuel pump about 1 1/4" outboard. Does moving the fuel pump outboard provide more foot room? Anyone see any reason not to move the fuel pump outboard? This would align the pump with the outboard set of holes.

Thanks in advance.

Does moving the fuel pump outboard provide more foot room?
I would say no. On the RHS you have the Baggage wall, and realistically your feet will never go outboard of the rudder pedal.

I would not overfuss about the exact positioning - over the years pre-drilled holes have appeared, moved. Just consider any access / servicing - once put together your access is via removing the rudder pedals or through the baggage door.

One area to consider is where the fuel will emerge FF and how you plan on things there. Length of runs to the Fuel Flow transducer etc. become factors...

Fuel pump location

Just as Andy said, you have a lot of flexibility here. Here's how I did it - not yet flying, so YMMV.