stamper

Well Known Member
Getting ready to fly my supercub back up to Alaska from Wyoming next week; so that means that the work on the rv10 will stop till October. Does anyone know of a site that shows all fuel prices in the US on a map form. I once knew of the site but for the life of me can not remember it. Hope some folks will be able to make it up to Alaska this summer my info is in the rv hotel. Thanks

AirNav.com.
Put in your departure and destination and ask for "cheapest route".
It will give you 10 cheapest routes based on fuel prices.

Not sure if it will work since much of your trip is outside the US.

Last edited:
Www.skyvector.com will show your route over a sectional chart, if you go into layers you can choose FBO and 100LL to have fuel prices displayed on the map. But I've found not all the fuel prices are shown on the map, a more comprehensive posting of fuel prices seems to be on airnav.

I go a different route.

I plot my trip based on range. Then I use www.100LL.com to find low fuel prices in the area.

On lon trips offsetting your fuel stops 50 (or more) miles really doesn't add much I terms of time or distance.

Have a good flight.

If you have an iPad with WingX, one of the extra-cost services they offer is to include fuel prices on the maps. It's cached and is available in real-time in the cockpit. It's very handy if you can't land at the primary airport for some reason.

Dave

Foreflight App

Foreflight app gives you this on the iPad. You cans see in the upper left hand corner I have selected "VFR" map and "100LL". You can also select things like TFR's, ceiling, flight rules, cloud cover, etc. Of course by zooming in more you can pick up more airports.

2190tn6.jpg

2hdmwyw.jpg

6quttf.jpg

mcvyhi.jpg

Last edited:
Getting ready to fly my supercub back up to Alaska from Wyoming next week; so that means that the work on the rv10 will stop till October. Does anyone know of a site that shows all fuel prices in the US on a map form. I once knew of the site but for the life of me can not remember it. Hope some folks will be able to make it up to Alaska this summer my info is in the rv hotel. Thanks

Bruce I will see you in AK mid July. If you are not in high seas of course. Would love to know where you stopped for fuel and overnight.

fuel

Thanks for all the messages back. I will take a look at foreflight. That was along the lines of what I was looking for. Anyone tell me why they moved my post. Did I do something wrong. I will let everyone know how the trip was. Hopefully next spring I will be making it in the rv10.

check out Rob Priors 100LL.ca

this could be the best and only useful Twitter feed alive!! :)

it looks pretty up to date, but requires contributors to get on board.

Much as I hate all things like StoopidBook and Twitter, here's one we should actually support.

I'll throw in my two bits here; Vernon BC, CYVK last monday was $1.78/Litre, or what...$6.76/ US Gallon, while 30 miles south at Kelowna 'International', CYLW I hear it's more like $2.25/Litre ( $8.50/USG)...but that's unverified.
I just park there, haven't bought fuel in 5 years!
Many of the smaller municipalities or club run fuelers are the most reasonable, and no silly ramp or landing fees either!