jtdehaan

I am flying my Phase 1 flights and am having a hard time getting a full flight in. The fuel pressure overpressure light with the warning horn blaring in my ear came on 3 times. This morning about a half hour into the flight the first indication was over 5 psi and slowly went up to 7.2 psi. The indication was normal again by the time I came in the traffic pattern. Has anyone else flying have an experience with this?
I am also trying to get my rudder trim taken care of with wedges on the trailing edge. I am now at about a foot of wedge (3/8 in thick at the trailing edge) but still not enough. Next I'll try a thicker wedge.
Jake

Had about the same problem with fuel pressure, not sure why but it turned out to be a bad float in the left carb, replaced both floats and it returned to normal.

Best regards,
Vern

Fuel pressure

Fuel and oil pressure readings are an ongoing problem for some of us RV-12 owners.:( I finally hooked up mechanical gauges to both and found correct readings. The problem(s) seem to be with the Dynon.
Paul 120007

I am also trying to get my rudder trim taken care of with wedges on the trailing edge. I am now at about a foot of wedge (3/8 in thick at the trailing edge) but still not enough. Next I'll try a thicker wedge.
Jake

I initially added 6" of the Avery wedge and am still about 1/8 of a ball out of trim. Added another 3" and there was NO effect. If anything, the trim may have become a bit worse. Larry Geiger had close to the same effect. So, I am concluding the situation is NOT unusual.

Maybe a case of diminishing returns with the wedge.

Scott?? Comments, next step??

I initially added 6" of the Avery wedge and am still about 1/8 of a ball out of trim. Added another 3" and there was NO effect. If anything, the trim may have become a bit worse. Larry Geiger had close to the same effect. So, I am concluding the situation is NOT unusual.

I am now thinking that instead of a wedge I might just add a bent up trailing edge tab. Just tape it in place first and if that works, rivet it in place. It might be more effective than a wedge.

Jake

Ball out

I also am almost a full ball out at cruise speed, I'm waiting for someone to come up with a good clean fix before I tackle the problem
Paul 120007

I will comment again

If you have a 'heavy wing', or turning tenancy, if you follow the PAP instrucitons, it will GREATLY help this situation.

This morning I was flying at 110 kts, at 5500' MSL ( surface is about 1000' ). I pulled my feet off the pedals, and no hands on the stick, and it turns VERY SLIGHTLY to the left. If I have 2 people in the plane, it turns VERY SLIGHTLY to the right. To me it is as good as you can get it. Before I pinched the flaperon per the PAP, I had a SERIOUS left turning tenancy. Following the instructions CURED it ! Give it a try - you may be very pleased with the results !

John Bender

If you have a 'heavy wing', or turning tenancy, if you follow the PAP instrucitons, it will GREATLY help this situation.

This morning I was flying at 110 kts, at 5500' MSL ( surface is about 1000' ). I pulled my feet off the pedals, and no hands on the stick, and it turns VERY SLIGHTLY to the left. If I have 2 people in the plane, it turns VERY SLIGHTLY to the right. To me it is as good as you can get it. Before I pinched the flaperon per the PAP, I had a SERIOUS left turning tenancy. Following the instructions CURED it ! Give it a try - you may be very pleased with the results !

John Bender

And I will reply AGAIN! We are not talking about a wing heavy situation. Mine flys straight with NO turning tendency without having to pinch the flaperons, BUT still requires rudder trim. AS SUCH, the PAP suggestion does not apply to me/us.

Why would I want to pinch the flaperons if I have no turning tendency?

This fuel pressure thread has gotten severly hijacked.
If a moderator would be willing to move the rudder trim posts over to the Directional (yaw) trim thread I will post a couple of thoughts.

The first post listed 2 questions. One on fuel over-pressure and the other on rudder trim.

Maybe a moderator will move the my item and the others dealing solely with rudder trim as you suggest.

fuel overpressure

The first post listed 2 questions. One on fuel over-pressure and the other on rudder trim.

Maybe a moderator will move the my item and the others dealing solely with rudder trim as you suggest.

I did not mean to split this thread into 2. The second part about the rudder trim was just info, not a question. So, Scott if you have some thoughts on the fuel overpressure part, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks, Jake

I did not mean to split this thread into 2. The second part about the rudder trim was just info, not a question. So, Scott if you have some thoughts on the fuel overpressure part, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks, Jake

Sorry Jake, I really don't have any ideas for you. The output rating of the fuel pump is not high enough to cause an over pressure warning, and I don't think the engine driven pump should be able to do so ether.
The pressure sensor is a dual wire sensor that does not rely on the sensor body (through the threads) for its ground so there generally isn't any installation variables that can cause a problem like you're having.
I would double check the pump part # to make sure you don't have the wrong pump (there are a number of pumps that look exactly the same). If the pump is correct, I would contact Dynon about getting another sensor to try.