Lionclaw

Well Known Member
My engine (320-h2ad) has a forward mounted fuel pump. I'm planning on routing the fuel line from the gascolator up over the top of the engine to the pump, then back to the firewall, down the back, and then under to the carb.

This leaves me wondering where to hook up a fuel pressure line. I think the baffles are too close to the pump for the tee'd fitting to work on the pump. Should I put a tee on the carb, or would it be an acceptable practice to put a tee mid-line behind the engine on the run between the carb and mech fuel pump?

Does the pressure line get a restrictor of any sort? Firesleeve?

Thanks!

Plumbing into he fuel pump outlet line will work. It won't matter if you do it at the carb or anywhere else in the line. I would use a restricted fitting, or in lieu of that a number two line which is sorta restricted as it comes.
Good Luck and Happy New Year,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Hi Andy

Good to see you moving along with your H2AD installation.
I put a tee mid-line behind the engine on mine. I used a steel fitting and silver soldered it closed and drilled it to .040 to act as a restrictor for the firesleeved hose that goes to the sender, which I mounted on the firewall.

Cheers Graham

Similar to everyone else mentioned.....Firesleeved Flex Line from Andair Gascolator on firewall up to bulkhead fitting on rear wall of baffle.

Hard line, firesleeved, generous bends with multiple adel clamps to what was a brand new forward mounted LYC mechanical fuel pump inlet.. (used engine was machined for a pump & came with close off plate).

Mech Pump outlet, again hard line, firesleeved, generous bends with multiple adel clamps to a second bulkhead fitting on rear wall of baffle. Firesleeved Flex Line from that to carb.

A reducer T at the carb inlet fitting. With a .040 or was it .060 orfice... soft copper line with loops to fuel pressure gage in dash.

Diaphram leak over flow was Vans "tight wall fitting" one with soldered on copper extension all the way down and visable just left of gascolator.

You may find no hint of tight cowl issues others may have... I never have lower than 2 psi (mechanical pump alone), high climb or summer...long hot taxi no bouncing gage nothing...

Some shots:
MVC-010S.jpg

MVC-017S.jpg

Last edited:
put a tee mid-line behind the engine on the run between the carb and mech fuel pump?

That's the ticket!

Does the pressure line get a restrictor of any sort? Firesleeve?

Thanks!

With the sensor on the firewall the pressure line can be just about any size line and fitting usually.

Most pressure sensors will have a male 1/8" NPT from what I've seen.

Good luck!

Matt