Clouddancer

Well Known Member
I have seen that most people place their fuel & oil pressure sensors rather high on the firewall. I would like to mount my sensors further down the firewall, so I can keep pressure lines shorter and they do not obstruct access on my top firewall part. Are there any reason that speek against doing so?

Having them up high makes access easier for maintenance, but that is simply one of the compromises you will have to consider. The firewall seems very accessible until you start installing hoses and wires, at which point, the middle and lower part of the firewall becomes nearly impossible to see or reach on many aircraft. I'd just keep that in mind as you lay things out.

Paul

Thanks Paul

I will reconsider the placement regarding maintenance access. However I do not expect much maintenace with the sensors, but I might be wrong. I was more afraid of radiating heat from the exhausts.

Thats roughly how the FWF layout looks like:
7128435921_925dcf7b58_z.jpg

The top left part of the firewall is taken by the Christen inverted system. And most of the left side is obstructed by the oil cooler and oil lines. I would like to have the centre part as open as possible for oil filter change.
As you may notice, I plan to have the restriction for the fuel pressure sensor in the T piece placed after fuel flow sensor.

6351833734_fdec9b2b9a_z.jpg

No worries, the black & green garden hose is only for trial reasons, it will be replaced by a proper hose. Teh air box for cabin heat is not yet placed.

Last edited: