Flyer68

Well Known Member
I'd appreciate any information on 'how to test the fuel lines.' I just realized that I had not tesed the fuel lines for leaks, etc. They are still relatively accessable and I would like to get it done.
Any advice from those who have gone before me?

Thanks.
Flyer68

Leak check

I used air on my 6A when I tested them. Disconnect from tank and cap off with a AN plug. Apply shop air on the other end and make sure it holds pressure with no leak down. You will need a presure gag and shut off valve on the set up after you disconnect shop air to see the no leak down. Also sprayed each fitting with soapy water, no bubbles!

Do it

As a novice builder, I would encourage you to test it while it is accessible.

I didn't, and had a heck of a job once the plane was complete tracing and fixing fuel leaks. It didn't help that I had the cockpit and the hangar floor swimming in petrol and stinking for weeks afterwards.

Cheers...Keith

Last edited:
fuel lines

Thanks guys, I'll start on a B of M right now and get it done prior to going any further.

Bill (flyer68)

What pressure do you go to during the test of just the fuel lines (not connected to the tank).

Test Pressure

I used 100 PSI becasue that was all my compressor would put out. Lines and fittings are rated much higher. Use what ever your compressor will do and you will be fine. ( not connected to fuel tank )

I asked my A&P about the pressure to test with. He made the point that the fuel will be under 5 to 8 psi.