Fedico94

Having some trouble laying out a fuel line from the mechanical fuel pump to the FI throttle body. Engine, Aerosport IO-320 vertical induction with Silverhawk FI. Port (left) side has mixture arm pointing up. Right side has Throttle arm pointing down. the inlet for the injector is on the right with a straight-6 flared tube fitting. Vetterman crossover exhaust.
Consideration is for fuel line on port (left) side but has to traverse under the twin exhaust tubes and then under oil sump and wind between engine mount.
Less prolematic is the fuel line going up the right side of the engine but this would not clear the throttle arm unless the inlet fitting extended 3 more inches out to the side.
Looked up and down and cannot find a solution on VAF. Perhaps I should have made the air filter box with the mixture arm down, but this route is not that good for reducing heat to the fuel line. To bad the injector body does not have a inlet on the right rear.
Has anyone flown a solution to this question. I do have pictures but do not know how to post at this time.

Opinion

There are many of us that have had these issues. Before you get to worried, suggest making sure you have the throttle, mix cables, exhaust, red cube etc all mounted. I fussed for a long time and it was a waste. Put all the parts where you want them...then unfortunately you will have to order a couple custom hoses and ensure all are perfect. Also, the silverhawk can allow some switches of positions. I will likely buy their fitting for the back firewall side fuel exit line up to the spider TMX did not do the up through baffle spider feed either. Much easier than trying to fit around. Email is you want, happy to fire off lots of pics.

Tom Swearingen of TS Flightlines in Beaufort, SC devised a 2.37 inch stainless tube extension for the end of the AE466-6 hose supplied by Aerosport. Support for the hose is 7 inches to the rear attached to the VA-182 plate. This allows for the hose to travel through an area that is not in close approximation to the exhaust pipes and it also clears the throttle arm.
The fuel inlet hose does not enter from the left where the hose would be subjected to a greater heat soak from the exhaust pipes.
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/fedico94/100_2195.jpg
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/fedico94/100_2196.jpg
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/fedico94/100_2197.jpg

fuel line--

Bob and I discussed at length his routing problem. He had been working on this issue for several months, without any real options, other than scapping his Silverhawk servo, and doing something different. From the picture that he sent, a long drop 90* stainless hose end, would solve these issues. From the pics he sent me, it looks like it is supported properly. Much better than a long hose with a straight hose end, with a severe bend. Pressure tested to 3000 psi. This tyoe of hose fitting is common in other industries, with alot more vibration and abuse. Much better than some other alternatives.
Tom