777Dave

Well Known Member
Time for new fuel lines, old ones almost 25 years old. Reusing the old fittings. The new lines (Parker, Spruce) are same ID, 3/8ths but slightly smaller OD as you can perhaps see. Went together fine but is this arrangement ok?
photo5.jpg.html

:confused:
Thanks for your interest...

I would not be pleased with that fit. But, it would also depend on how the parts went together.

Why not use the exact same hose size that was removed. If not available, then I might look into new ends. Or have the hose built.

Picture's a little fuzzy, but it looks like you need Aeroquip 303 or Stratoflex 111 hose. Different stuff completely.

TSFlightlines

Tom Swearengen at TSFlightlines can make you some very nice hoses and is great to work with!

Cant tell enough from the pic, BUT, it isnt Stratoflex 111, or Aeroquip 303, or any 100R5-6 SAE hose designed to work with those reusable hose ends. The ID may be right, but the OD, being smaller, will not give sufficient retention. The 'skives' or threaded part of the collar, is designed to screw on the hose, and TIGHTLY retain the hose end when properly installed with the proper hose.

If you dont want to use either 303, or 111 hose, and similar 100R5-6 hose is good, but you still have the limitations as the other hoses.
HUM---25 years old. UH---I'm guessing you have been signing off this aircraft every year. Even 303 and 111 have service life, and its NOT 25 years. Teflon, on the other hand, doesnt have a service life.
Be SAFE
Tom

hoses

Thanks for the great info everyone.... pretty much what I figured but your clarification is much appreciated.
Tom, I have only owned the airplane for the last couple of years and am steadily upgrading and renewing components. It was built in '91.

Service Life

Tom,
During the build it was not a concern but now we should all think about this kind of thing.
My plane has some Van's hoses and some of yours.
What is the material of each and what is the service life.

Mark---I use teflon which 'generally' has no service life. Generally, meaning with no abrasions, damage, heat, etc. Vans has changed some of their hose to teflon, but it fits the plans lengths, and not for accessory re-locations.
Tom