Hi All,

I have all my fuel lines fabricated and in place, including the Airflow Performance fuel injection pump. I have not run the line from the pump through the firewall, well, frankly because I don't know where to drill the holes. Has anyone determined the best location to penetrate the firewall for a fuel injected system? I don't think the location Van's shows makes sense for a fuel injected engine. Also, I would like to know if the depicted location of the gasculator is good or should that be relocated also.

Once again, thanks for the help,
Don Owens

I think Vans is assuming that you won't use a gascolator with fuel injection (see the other thread on this debate). In that case, the location on the fw-fwd plans seems to make sense. My engine isn't here yet (soon), so I can't confirm for sure.

I haven't drilled any of the fuel line or control cable holes in the firewall yet. I'm waiting until the engine gets here so I can verify they make sense.

IO-360 with Andair Gascolator

I'm using the Andair Gascolator with the 180 HP IO-360 from Superior and the Airflow boost pump.

Thanks for the drawings - I don't think those are the drawings that came with my FWF kit. Also, Van's appears not to have supplied a mount for the Andair, just the gascolator doubler for the aft side of the firewall.