7pilot

Well Known Member
I know I read an analysis of fuel lines on here somewhere, but now that I need it I can't find it. :(

I had some trouble with my fuel lines on the Air Flow pump. Enough that I needed some additional fuel lines. I have some T6 3/8 by .065. I believe the proper call out is T6 3/8 by .058. Will this make any appreciable difference? Is it enough to be concerned with?

Thanks!

Stewart

Stewart, I've been known to be wrong before, but I think you will find that the tube for the fuel lines is 3003 3/8 X .035, not T6 (which is used mostly for spacers etc). You will have a heck of a time bending the T6 in those tight radius bends. IMHO
Larry

Thanks!

I thought it looked awfully heavy! Well I now have an extra 9 feet of it!! So I guess I will have plenty of extra for spacers... :eek: I will check and see what came with it using a caliper...I am sure I can find a few more things to order when I reorder the fuel lines!:rolleyes:

Yes, it's 3003. I ordered some from Spuce to replace a mangled attempt with the Vans supplied line and it bent much nicer than that which came with the kit.

Jekyll

3003 comes coiled, at least from Van's and Wick's.

You should also be able to buy aluminum tubing suitable for fuel line from your local heating/air conditioning parts supplier.

Sam Buchanan

7pilot said:
Did that come to you coiled or straight? Just curious.

I ordered 8 feet so it came coiled. You could ask them to send it straight but you would pay an additional charge for packaging and shipping. They would tape it to a piece of wood which, you will pay for and then pay again as added weight during shipping. I've never seen how the warehouses get the stock material - for all I know it may come coiled on bulk spools!

I wouldn't worry about it being straight. Like I said earlier (in semi jest) you will be bending it into all sort of shapes and going through contortions to install it. You will be adding many bends, curves, joggles, flairs and shaping, not to mention cursing, fretting and sweating. It will not be straight.

By your handle, I surmise you're building a 7. All of your lines will be covered/hidden or, as in the case of the fuel vent lines, very hard to see (and with lots of bends). It is very simple to straighten the coils for straight runs with your hands.

Jekyll