Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Gents,

I am firming up my fuel line routing from the mechanical fuel pump to the Silver Hawk throttle body. I have the standard rotation mixture and the fuel input is on the left side of the engine (pump side). I have a Superior XP-IO-360 (vertical induction) and an extra long fuel line (with integral firesleeve) that I will have to shorten.

The hose provided has 90 degree and straight end fitting. I am trying to determine if I can use the left side input on the throttle body but I am concerned about how close it comes to the exhaust pipe.

fuel line.JPG

fuel line2.JPG

I wanted to get some feedback from those who have come before me.

Thanks,

Paul,

I actually used the original long fuel line and ran it around the RIGHT side of the throttle body and around the front of the throttle body, and it ended up fitting ok. I use a couple of adel clamps to hold it up against the sump and away from the exhaust. I don't have any decent photos in my archive, but could probably take some if needed.

greg

This may be a little off topic but while you are in the area, can you tell me how long your fuel line is from the firewall to the mechanical fuel pump? I am assuming they are all going to be pretty close to the same length. Do you run it pretty much straight, or do you add a some length for movement?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Here's Mine

In the middle of the fuel line, where it lies in a horizontal position, I have the fuel flow transducer. The whole thing is then wrapped in firesleeve. I actually have added a third heat deflector as noted in the pic (I hope it came through). The tech counselor expressed concern about the adel clamp attached as indicated. He thought I might be making the fuel line too rigid in not allowing enough slop for engine shake during startup and shutdown. YMMV.
http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu253/irvingschmidley/?action=view&current=FuelLine.jpg