BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Look at this picture if you would please:

http://rvflying.tripod.com/fuel1.jpg

This is the small fuel line instead of the called out longer one. My issue, the instructions call a 45 degree fitting to come out of the carb. If I use that, the fuel line passes right over the exhaust. The 90 degree fitting parallels the exhaust but still is within an inch. In addition, as you can see in the picture, the fuel line make a 90 degree "curve" that "just ain't right". More here, the firesleeves rubs the engine mount which will not viabrate.

Suggestions or "ID'ers"

Could someone please post a link showing there fuel line run from the mechanical fuel pump to the carb.

I need to get this firewall forward stuff done as the painter just called to say he painted the flying surfaces BLACK over the weekend!!

Looks to me like the fuel line needs to be 1/2-1" shorter. You'll also need a heat shield when the line comes this close to the exhaust.
BTW, it is recommended that engine mounts and other steel weldments should be painted a light color. Black makes it very difficult to detect cracks.

Captain Avgas said:
I see fuel line with no firesleeve on it.......very brave !!!!

The only line you see without firesleeve is the fuel pressure line, which is the standard line from Van's. Seems far enough away from any heat source for me not to have to use a red S on my chest:) (Good enough for Van's, good enough for me). The larger line is the standard Van's oil cooler return line. Got my answer to this question, thanks. I ended up using a longer line and going behind the engine mount.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with Van's fuel hose...fortunately Aerosport also gave me a shorter fuel hose that made the routing much more pleasing. I had better luck with the 90-degree fitting.

Paul

Oddly enough I recieved a long hose from Superior as well. Just flat out would not work.

Heres a pic showing where it needed to be routed. As you can see I ended up putting a 90 degree fitting on the carb and a 45 degree hose end to attach there.

-Jeff

ENGINE%20187.jpg

ENGINE%20188.jpg

ENGINE%20189.jpg