A5555

Well Known Member
After reading posts that 2.5 and 2.625 inches were dimensions for the fuel line length from the fuselage to flared cut end I cut to 2.9 inches to have a look. It seems they were right. I'm about 0.4 inches too long.

100_5606.jpg

100_5604.jpg

Well ...

I probably don't understand the requirement you are trying to satisfy there. That's certainly better than being too short. Actually, don't you think a service loop is a good idea in such an interface. I have individual, lines coming in from 4 tanks with generous service loops in all 4 lines. Over 900 flight hours so far and no problems from service or operational standpoints.

Bob Axsom

The good news is, both the fuel line and vent allow some inward/outward push-pull to make final connections. :D

tubing is 5052

the alum tubing is 5052 and stiff with very little play at the end. I suppose this is the downside of using 5052. when I calculated the cut I arrived at a measurement less than 2.5 inch. if I had cut less than 2.5 I would have needed to replace the tube. I appreciate the heads up from other builders for the measurement and thought I would pass mine along with a picture of a 2.9 inch fuel tube cut measured from the side of the fuselage.