rjtjrt

Well Known Member
Is a 37degree fuel line flairing tool needed to build an RV-12 (eg Parker Rolo-Flare)?
Whilst I'm asking anyother tools not in Avery RV-12 tool kit that are needed?
John

Last edited:
Is a 37degree fuel line flairing tool needed to build an RV-12 (eg Parker Rolo-Flare)?
John

Yes there are a number of tubing AN flair fittings that need to have a 37 degree tool. Many local EAA chapters would know of one that could be used and it might even come with its owner to give you a hand. There are 37 degree tools made that look like the cheap car 45 degree kind that are cheaper than the rolo try ebay.

Best regards,
Vern

Tools needed

John

Hi John,
The Parker Rolo-Flare does come with the Avery RV-12 tool kit. There are quite a few misc. tools that most builders have ordered as they went along on the build, but the Avery kit has most all of what is needed. The tool vendors are lightning quick in my experience to get the tools to you. They must know that a needed tool can hold up progress. There have been several threads in the -12 forum recommending various tool upgrades and sources.
Tony

Cleveland tools offers the best edge roller of any of them...perfect everytime, no fear. You will need this for your tailcone for sure.