Scott Will

Well Known Member
Where does the fuel line exit the fuselage and what type of AN fitting goes there? Can't seem to find it on the plans. Running an injected engine so I won't have the small fuel pump in the way.

I'm thinking an AN833-6D... is the location very critical for an IO-360?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott, look on the plans that show the firewall (I'm not near the shop to look it up) There are small letters "A,B,X,Y,Z" that have distances from a reference to drill the holes for various firewall penetrations. You have to look close, they aren't really evident.

Derrell
7A Finish

Derrell,

Thanks... the plans I have (Dwg 19 Rev 4 dated 12/01) do not show the fuel line exit. It has everything but that. I think I can go by the pics I see on various websites. Just not sure of the fitting.

Best,

The location is on one of the plans with the firewall forward kit. It's just to the left (relative to the aircraft) of the starter contactor. In fact, it's so close that it almost interferes with the post on the contactor. I can look it up at home tonight. Not sure about the fitting, though. something-6D sounds right.

Last edited:
You'll need to use either an AN833 or AN832 bulkhead fitting at the firewall. If not included with your kit, then when you order, make sure you order the nut, too. You can get them from Wick's, Spruce, etc.

Thanks... me no have the Firewall Forward kit (yet). But I do have a 90 fitting (AN833-6D). I want to make the line from the high pressure pump to the fireall and just wanted to know where to put it.

Would you mind looking it up Davepar?

- Scott

Wait

Scott Will said:
Thanks... me no have the Firewall Forward kit (yet). But I do have a 90 fitting (AN833-6D). I want to make the line from the high pressure pump to the fireall and just wanted to know where to put it.

Do yourself a favor and wait until your contactors are mounted on the firewall. You'll thank me later.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D
http://www.rvproject.com

It's not easy to describe where the dimensions are measured from on the drawing. I'll scan it in at work tomorrow and post it.

I ended up grabbing the wrong drawing. It shows everything but the fuel line exit. I'll try to get the correct one tonight.

Here it is. Sorry for the delay. The first two diagrams are from drawing OP-32, "IO-360 FUEL SYSTEM, RV-7".

Looking at this more closely, it is easy to screw it up. The diagram of the doubler is flipped compared to the diagram of the firewall. And the top holes on each side are a different distance from the top.

This is the doubler for the fuel line exit (click to enlarge):

This shows the location of the doubler on the firewall:

Since I already scanned it, this is the drawing of the other holes in the firewall for an IO-360 engine. I think this is also on one of the fuselage drawings.

I haven't personally made all of these holes yet, so verify they work for you before cutting!!

Dave

Contactor interference (round 2)

Davepar said:
I haven't personally made all of these holes yet, so verify they work for you before cutting!!

Exactly! You will likely need to shift the penetration to the left (aircraft left) in order to clear the contactors if you use Van's contactors & FWF kit.

Happy (and careful) measuring/drilling. :eek:

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D
http://www.rvproject.com