sglynn

Well Known Member
Did anyone put an AN fitting in the 1 inch hole where the fuel lines penetrate the bulkhead just forward of the wing spar? If so, can I see a photo? What did you do about the double wall? thanks

On my -6A, I squirted a bit of ProSeal into the space between the skin and doubler plate. I wrapped the threads/space of the AN bulkhead fitting with plastic tape, inserted it into the gooped up hole, and loosely tightened the fitting nut. I let the proseal set up, removed the tape from the fitting, and could then tighten down on the nut without compressing the skin.

Did anyone put an AN fitting in the 1 inch hole where the fuel lines penetrate the bulkhead just forward of the wing spar? If so, can I see a photo? What did you do about the double wall? thanks

Vans sent some 1/8" thick washers in the kit. I super glued one to the skin before I riveted the F-7101 web in place (between the outer skin and the gear attach web). Don't know how you would do it if the web is already riveted.

Dave

I think the idea of having the fuel line tube pass through the grommet in the side skin at the wing root is to permit a little movement to be accommodated if the wing flexes. I am not convinced it is a good idea to have a bulkhead fitting in that location.

Just my opinion, but I have followed Van's plans. Why not give Van's a call and ask them what they think.