mbick7077

Installed the fuel line from Vans and it sits on top of the left exhaust. No clearance at all. Have been trying to find a 45 degree elbow (maybe a 90???)from the carb connection to Van's fuel line? Any ideas? The connector from the carb has two different sized ends? The one end does match the hose supplied from Vans. The other end screws into the carb screen fliter? Help?

Mel,

There were some discussions regarding the issue. One of the threads is here search VAF archives.

1. Isn't there a special fitting either on the carb or the mech fuel pump allowing you to route the hose away from components before tightening the fitting?
2. Install the heat shield supplied in the FWF kit. It will lift the fuel line off the exhaust pipe.

fuel line

I have installed the heat shield from Vans. The fuel line is in direct contact with the left exhaust pipe. Does any one know of a 45 or 90 degree elbow? On a couple of the photos from other threads, I can see a blue colored AN fitting 45 degree. Cannot find this fitting on Vans, Spruce, Wicks, ect??? Has anyone run into this problem? If so could you provide the website or part numbers? Thanks

There is a 45 degree fitting included in the kit installed between the fuel hose and the carb. That fitting aims the hose aft and slightly upward so as to clear the exhaust tube.
The mech fuel pump has the banjo fitting splitting the fuel flow between the carb and the fuel pressure sender.
I'm pretty sure one of the OP drawings has all this.