jthocker

Well Known Member
I usually upgrade RV's but this month I'm tasked with a Lancair Legacy.
It has (I believe) Electronics International capacitance probes. They put out a 0-5 volt square wave frequency. Anybody know what converter is required for a Skyview. As usual Dynon has no clue what I need!!!
Thanks

John,
We are not aware of any commercially sold frequency to voltage converters for this application. You'll likely need to make your own or change the probes. I truly believe this is a case of their not being the product you need, not our lack of knowledge.

--Ian Jordan
Dynon Avionics

What you need is a converter from the EI probe's 0-5v digital frequency output to a 0-5v analog output that a Dynon can accept. I am 95% sure that a Princeton Electronics CP10a will do this conversion for you. To be sure, you could give them a call at 616-243-8800.

-Marc Robertson

Well, there you go. All it takes is being sure of yourself to get someone to register for their first post at VAF just to tell you you are wrong ;)

We'd never heard of the Princeton converter before, used in that application. We'll do our best to add it to our support database.

--Ian

Irony: The only hits on the web for the Princeton CP10a are on Dynon's support forum over the years (for a different application though). Hard to know about a product that isn't advertised anywhere in the world...

Thanks Marc!
I knew there were converters out there, I just couldn't remember where or who made them.