Blue Dye. Im not even sure where to start on this one. I see fresh fuel with full tank. Basically, it is is seeping out at thevwing root, on the wing side. Going to see if it happens with partial tank.

How do i post a pic? Its leaking from between the gear fairing and the drain.

Either from Today's Posts or Search, top left corner
-Posting Rules
-Donate yearly
-Advertise in here
-Today's Posts | Insert pics

hi EW
Re picture, you might have a read here http://www.vansairforce.net/articles/ImagesInForums/images.htm

As for the leak, the, or one of the fuel sender or flop tube or whatever cover is probably leaking... so take off that fuse-wing aluminum joiner and have a look. Once identified, you'll need to reseal. Which means remove that cover, clean scrub that ol' stuff off both surfaces, reseal with Pro-seal or equivalent. No big deal, lest you might have to remove that :mad: wing tank for doing it proper.

Good luck!

Last edited:
full tanks, with direct sunlight in moderate or warm temps will cause many RV's to spit fuel out of the vent line. If your leakage only happens under these conditions, I would look for a leak at the -4AN vent line connection at the fuel tank. Maybe a loose nut or cracked line.

Pulling off the fairing strip between the wing and fuse should allow you to better view the blue traces to identify hte source.

Last edited:
access panel screws I'd bet

Common occurrence. As noted above, sounds like a tank removal and reseal is in your future. Unlike the RV7, the RV6 fuel tanks are a breeze to remove. In my case, I had to remove the access panel and the originally installed cork gasket and reinstall without any gasket (just proseal) which is the consensus method these days.