cdeerinck

Well Known Member
I am putting EFII fuel injection in my 8. The return line to the right wing needs to go just under the supply line from the right wing. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to keep it separate (not rubbing) from the supply line, and mount to protect it from vibration?

The supply line has 3 places on the spar where a padded clamp holds it into place. But I can't figure out a way to mount the return line.

I tried using hose separators, but they are all too big for the space.

something like this? You can use rubber tubing or another zip tie to space the two items/lines.

Standoff4.jpg

There is no reason to mount the return line fitting low in the tank - like where the supply line fitting is located. Move it to an easier place.

Carl

another issue is to locate the return away and low from the supply to avoid picking up splash and bubbles. I am doing EFII also

There is no reason to mount the return line fitting low in the tank - like where the supply line fitting is located. Move it to an easier place.

Carl

Carl - Sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about where it crosses inside the fuselage on the front side of the spar.

I am putting EFII fuel injection in my 8. The return line to the right wing needs to go just under the supply line from the right wing. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to keep it separate (not rubbing) from the supply line, and mount to protect it from vibration?

The supply line has 3 places on the spar where a padded clamp holds it into place. But I can't figure out a way to mount the return line.

I ran mine to the left wing. It is a direct route through fuselage side wall to a fitting in tank. Why are you running it to right tank?

I ran mine to the left wing. It is a direct route through fuselage side wall to a fitting in tank. Why are you running it to right tank?

On an EFII (with non-Bendix injectors), it runs significant fuel through the return. If you draw fuel from the right and return it to the left, you will rapidly become heavy on the left side.

On an EFII (with non-Bendix injectors), it runs significant fuel through the return. If you draw fuel from the right and return it to the left, you will rapidly become heavy on the left side.

Yea I agree but what's going to happen when you feed fuel from left tank?

With the EFII Subaru I had a 6 port Andair valve, it returned fuel to selected tank.

Or is that what you have?

If so I understand the need to return to right tank. The fuel lines do not have to be solid aluminum, flex lines will work just as well.

If you have the space, figure 8 two adels from one mount point like this:

If cramped for space, form a larger adel around two bolts to form a wire or cable separator:

Yea I agree but what's going to happen when you feed fuel from left tank?

With the EFII Subaru I had a 6 port Andair valve, it returned fuel to selected tank.

Or is that what you have?

If so I understand the need to return to right tank. The fuel lines do not have to be solid aluminum, flex lines will work just as well.

Correct, that is what I have. I am asking about running the return line from the Andair duplex valve back to the right wing, inside the fuselage.

If cramped for space, form a larger adel around two bolts to form a wire or cable separator:

Dan - Yes, this! Any guess on how big it should be to go around two 3/8" aluminum tubes? You could save me from having to burn through a bunch, and ordering delays, etc...

Dan - Yes, this! Any guess on how big it should be to go around two 3/8" aluminum tubes? You could save me from having to burn through a bunch, and ordering delays, etc...

I know, answering my own question, but I'm doing it in case someone needs the answer in the future.

I used math, so it needs to be 7/8" or a NS21818DG14.

Thanks for everyone's help, especially Raymo and DanH. It's almost like having you walk into my garage. I really appreciate it!