John Courte

Well Known Member
Calling everyone who did their own FI conversion: How did you deal with the injector lines, and mounting the flow divider? Do the injector lines need to be specific lengths? Are they installed with AN fittings at the flow divider and can you work them the same as fuel lines, or did you have to measure what you need and have them made?

Cheers,
-John

Converted mine from carb to AFP FI, bought their kit which includes the injector lines pre-made to the correct length. It was a lot of work but I am very happy with the way she runs now.

FI

John:

Just to the left of Walt's avatar is an ad that says "Fuel Injection" the company is Airflow performance. Click on that ad and read up as much as you can then contact Don Rivera at Airflow Performance.

He is and they are, the tops in fuel injection in my opinion. Very knowledgeable and great to work with. Absolutely the best.

If you are considering the Precision Airmotive (formerly Bendix) system, you should use Lycoming Service Bulletin 342E as a guide. The support and routage of these lines is the subject an AD note and not an area to mess with unknowingly.
http://www.lycoming.com/support/publications/service-bulletins/pdfs/SB342E.pdf
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I have the AFP system on my airplane. It comes with everything to install it on the engine and the instructions are excellent. Has tunable injectors and great factory support. Don

This is great info. I'm still on the fence between the Mattituck conversion kit and the AFP system, but I'm definitely leaning more towards a system with the best instructions and support. The last few months has given me lots of study time with the engine and associated systems, using manuals and the internet, but when it comes time to commit funds, I want to be absolutely sure of what I'm doing.

thanks

Silver hawk EX

I installed the Precision system with silver hawk EX bought from Mattituck.

It came with an installation CD and the lycoming service instruction.

The injector lines come in the correct lengths, but you need to bend them. They are already terminated.
All the correct fittings are included and so is the fuel divider bracket.

Installation was quite straight forward, but I changed the fuel line between servo and flow divider to accommodate my fuel flow transducer.

Let me know if you need any specific info.

Rob