lr172

Well Known Member
I am putting an O-320 in my RV-6A, but have an O-360 cowl. I understand this cowl is a little taller to accommodate the taller Fuel Injection body. Does anyone know the standard height of the Fuel Injection throttle body? I am trying to order materials to make a spacer in advance of getting all this mounted.

I was originally thinking of making the spacer (between carb and air box) with 2024 stock, but have been thinking about some Micarta (Phenolic) stock that I have. This is rated to 250* continuous, which would seem to work. I can't imagine the sump getting much hotter than 250 for an extended period. I would use alum spacers to insure that I have torque on the attachment nuts. I would welcome thoughts here as well.

Thanks,

Larry

Servo Height

Just measured my Bendix RSA-5AD1 and it is 5.50".

Don B

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress
IO-320

Thanks for checking that, I appreciate it. For those following this, that is about a little less than 7/8" taller than the MA-4 carb height.

Larry

FAB extension

I built an extension to make up the space and spread the load out on the FAB box to reduce the cracking problems on the FAB.
Didn't use it as I ended up with an IO-360.

Send me a PM if you want the drawing or are interested in being the new owner of this paperweight. (height ~ 1.1" )

Last edited:
Just modify the FAB.

IMG_1101.JPG

Seems every time I'm doing the FAB air box's I am modifying the inlet angle up to align with the cowl inlet. Maybe you should wait till you've fit the cowling, much easier realigning down than up.