decathlon737

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Can anyone tell me where the vans fuel injected fuel pump mounts so I can pre-wire for it? Pictures? Thanks in advance.

Bill Woods
RV8 QB

It's on the drawings

I assume you mean the aux pump located on the left forward fuselage floor. It's shown on the drawings, I don't remember which one right now (at work). However, I believe the new style fuse, which I'm building, has a slightly different configuration than the previous style.

In the meantime, look for two small holes on the forward fuse floor. That's where the pump goes. There are also two small holes on the cabin floor near the fuel selector. That's where the filter goes.

I can take a high quality photo of my drawings and email to you if you don't have them. Assuming of course, that yours is the new-style fuse.

Fuel Pump

vmirv8bldr said:
I assume you mean the aux pump located on the left forward fuselage floor. It's shown on the drawings, I don't remember which one right now (at work). However, I believe the new style fuse, which I'm building, has a slightly different configuration than the previous style.

In the meantime, look for two small holes on the forward fuse floor. That's where the pump goes. There are also two small holes on the cabin floor near the fuel selector. That's where the filter goes.

I can take a high quality photo of my drawings and email to you if you don't have them. Assuming of course, that yours is the new-style fuse.

Yes I mean the aux. pump, sorry about that. The manual said to leave F-875PP off if installing fuel injected engine. I have no holes in fuse floor in this location or where the fuel selector goes. I received fuse kit in April 2007 so I assume it's new style. I don't have a drawing showing FI aux pump installation. I assume it mounts in the same location?
Bill Woods
8 QB
IO 360 A1B6

Belt and Suspenders

Bill, just to be belt and suspenders, check with Van's. The pump and filter can be ordered as a kit for older versions. They come with brackets, etc. For the new versions, one only needs to order the pump and the filter, no need for the whole kit. (In fact, I just received mine today. I looked inside, but no drawings or instructions come with just the parts.) It's likely the kit contains the necessary drawings.

In the event you only need to order the parts and not the kit, I'll take the necessary photos when I get home and email them. PM me with the address you would like them send to. They will be large. You should have them by about 6:00pm EDT.

decathlon737 said:
Can anyone tell me where the vans fuel injected fuel pump mounts so I can pre-wire for it? Pictures? Thanks in advance.

Bill Woods
RV8 QB
Bill,

DWG 82 contains the relevant information. My recently shipped standard fuselage kit had one factory pilot hole included in the floor panel to help locate the fuel pump mount. The F1048E FUEL CRADLE PADS also called out in DWG 82 are made from rubber channel and included in either the fuel pump kit (ordered separately) or the finish kit...I don't remember which.

I really don't know how much of the QB is already completed for you, but rather than install the FP mount with blind fasteners as called out, I took advantage of the open access while I had it and used four MS470AD4's instead.

fipump15fv6.jpg

Thanks Rick

Thanks Rick, I haven't received DWG 82 yet so this helps.
Bill Woods
RV8 QB
IO 360 A1B6

DWG 82 contains the relevant information. My recently shipped standard fuselage kit had one factory pilot hole included in the floor panel to help locate the fuel pump mount. The F1048E FUEL CRADLE PADS also called out in DWG 82 are made from rubber channel and included in either the fuel pump kit (ordered separately) or the finish kit...I don't remember which.

I really don't know how much of the QB is already completed for you, but rather than install the FP mount with blind fasteners as called out, I took advantage of the open access while I had it and used four MS470AD4's instead.

fipump15fv6.jpg
[/QUOTE]