pvalovich

Well Known Member
-8A with just-hung Aerosport IO -360. Wrestled with fuel flow transducer location and ended up attaching it to the forward firewall, just downstream of the fuel line entry hole. In doing so, the Vans firewall forward kit 3/8 inch firesleeved hose is too long, so I tried to order a 12 inch Aeroquip firesleeved hose from ACS - their part number is AE3663161Gxxxx. However, ACS can't supply the hose without the xxxx's being replaced by "a part number from my plans", according to their ordering guy. I tried to explain that there wasn't a part number fm my plans - that the hose was to be custom made. Still no deal - they say they cannot provide a 12 inch Aeroquip hose without me providing 4 digits to replace the x's in the part number.

This doesn't make any sense to me. I can't figure out what to replace the X's with. Where do you folks get custom made firesleeved fuel hoses? I don't want to buy the $75 hose assembly tool - this looks like the only custom hose I'll need.

The ACS catalog gives instructions how how to encode the xxxx based on the dimensions you want. I forget where - but it is on those few pages on hoses.

Try PHT

The ACS catalog gives instructions how how to encode the xxxx based on the dimensions you want. I forget where - but it is on those few pages on hoses.

Try Precision Hose Technology (PHT)

home_01.gif

That's all they do... Aircraft Spruce probably just farms out their hose jobs...

http://www.aircrafthose.com/index.html

Try a quote on this integral firesleeve hose...

http://www.aircrafthose.com/hs124j.html

It might be less expensive than Vans...

gil A ...just a satisfied customer...

Hose type?

Excellent recommendations - these places look like they know what they're doing. Could some of you comment on which hose type you used for different applications? In particular I'm interested in low pressure fuel applications, from the fuel tanks to the fuel selector. I've retrofitting my -8 with an Andair valve and believe I have a bend pattern worked out for the left tank, but might need to drop back and punt and use a hose there.

Scott - it looks like you used 124J hose. Was this for oil lines, fuel lines, or both? What is the brown outer covering? Does the hose still have the stainless sleeve? Here's the description for two hoses that look appropriate from PTT's website:

124 Hose: APPLICATION: High temperature aircraft hydraulic, ballistic, pneumatic, fuels, lube oils, coolants, solvents, and most missile fuels and oxidizers. Min bend radius 4" for -6 hose

156/176 Hose: APPLICATION: Medium pressure service with most petroleum base oils, JP fuels, aviation gasoline, MIL-L7808 and MIL-l-23699 lubricants, and many synthetic base fluids. Not affected by alcohols, coolants, and solvents common to the aerospace industry. Min bend radius 2.5" for -6 hose

Last edited:
124J...

Scott - it looks like you used 124J hose. Was this for oil lines, fuel lines, or both? What is the brown outer covering? .....

The 124J hose I mentioned (and Scott used) is a Teflon hose with an integral fire sleeve. The overall hose is much smaller than a hose with an external fire sleeve, and is easier to route under the cowl.

It can be used for all the usual hose applications FWF.

gil A