tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I have searched the forums for information on the routing of my fuel lines and have determined that the best route for the fuel line between the fuel injection servo and the fuel divider is straight up between cylinders 2 and 4. That requires that the hose pass through the inter cylinder baffle.

When I drilled a pilot hole in preparation for drilling a larger hole for the hose to pass through, I discovered that an injector line (I think that is what it is) blocks the path of the hose just under the inter cylinder baffle.

Can anyone offer any insight as to how you routed the hose between the fuel servo and the fuel spider on the top of the engine? Did any of you route the line in another path, perhaps across the top of the engine to the back, through the baffle then down to the pump?

My setup is a superior IO360 vertical draft engine with a precision fuel injection system.

Thanks

fuel line between cyl. 1 and cyl.3

Tony,

try this link for some nice pictures of servo installations.
http://www.precisionairmotive.com//images/Silver Hawk EX Instl/Vanderzyde/jv-airboxfront.jpg
or
http://www.precisionairmotive.com/ select "Installation Photos"

The Fuel line between servo and divider is on the right side, between C1 and C3.
If the "fuel out" fitting on the servo is on the wrong side (different as on the pictures) you can change it to the opposite side. Same for the "inlet". See manual.
Good luck!

I routed out the back...

...The outlet can be installed front or back. The factory default is front. However, I found it far cleaner to use the port on the back and route up around the back and through the rear baffling. It is a straight shot out the back. My distributor is located between cylinders 1 and 3 as installed by Aerosport. There is a lot more room there and you dont need to worry about throttle linkage or exhaust cross over issues.

...The outlet can be installed front or back. The factory default is front. However, I found it far cleaner to use the port on the back and route up around the back and through the rear baffling. It is a straight shot out the back. My distributor is located between cylinders 1 and 3 as installed by Aerosport. There is a lot more room there and you dont need to worry about throttle linkage or exhaust cross over issues.

That routing looked good to me when I was studying mine over the weekend (same vertical draft P/A setup), I want to do the same.

My servo has a 90° fitting on the front, it appears to be stainless steel, I presume 7/16" SAE O-ring boss on the end that threads into the servo. Did you get a st. steel straight fitting for the back, or did you stay with the P/A-supplied 90 (the former would be easier for me)? If you used a straight fitting, where did you get it? I didn't see AN fittings with SAE ends in any of the aero supply catalogs when I looked. Parker has industrial (JIC) versions, though it looks like st. steel is special order.

Thanks!

Testing my memory here...

That routing looked good to me when I was studying mine over the weekend (same vertical draft P/A setup), I want to do the same.

My servo has a 90? fitting on the front, it appears to be stainless steel, I presume 7/16" SAE O-ring boss on the end that threads into the servo. Did you get a st. steel straight fitting for the back, or did you stay with the P/A-supplied 90 (the former would be easier for me)? If you used a straight fitting, where did you get it? I didn't see AN fittings with SAE ends in any of the aero supply catalogs when I looked. Parker has industrial (JIC) versions, though it looks like st. steel is special order.

Thanks!
I used a straight stainless fitting. I believe Bart at Aerosport sent it to me.

I wish I could see a side picture of that installation. Doesn't the exhaust stack run directly under that line near the the divider. Does that create a problem in the event of a leak at that fitting?

I used a straight stainless fitting. I believe Bart at Aerosport sent it to me.

Thanks. I took a quick look at P/A's website, it looks like they sell them too, though I'm almost afraid to ask how much they cost.

Thanks

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help in understanding the situation. I seem to be the only one with the spider mounted between cylinders 2 and 4. I think that might actually work out better for running the hose straight out the back and down. There is an issue with the linkage that I will have to work through, however the hose runs clear of the exhaust which is important.

I will have to make the hose a bit longer than the one that came with the engine, but I might have had to cut that hose anyway in order to splice in the flowscan 201 transduce.

I appreciate the help.