Av8torTom

Well Known Member
I see in the insert that came with the Stewart Warner fuel gauge that is says to NOT use the large rubber washer when mounting the gauge to the access plate. Is this right? Just use proseal?

Thanks,

Tom

Are you sure that's what it says? I recently installed a replacement sender and I did not see such an insert. What is the precise wording?

I have only built my left fuel tank. I used the gasket and the tank does not appear to have any leaks. I did not see any instructions that say not to use the gasket that comes with the sender. I just looked in the previously un-opened box the right sender is in and the only instruction regarding the gasket warns you to use a new gasket when replacing the sender. Unless someone has a tale of likely doom, I am not going to remove the gasket from my completed tank and probably will use one on the next tank.

From VANs

This was on the package insert from VANs not from Stewart Warner. See number 3 below:
3a72084b.jpg

Emailed VANs

They said in their experience the gasket will leak after a while and to not use it - just ProSeal is in place. Seems odd, but I guess they know what they're talking about.

T.