comfortcat

Well Known Member
Friend
Greetings All!

I have an EIS 4000 from GRT and a friend has a ELECTRONICS INTERNATIONAL FUEL FLOW TRANSDUCER FT60, Part # 10-01196 (about $130 from Aircraft Spruce) left over from a project. Can I use this sensor with the EIS 4000? :confused: I can have it almost free (computer rebuild with virus removal).

Dkb

Greetings All!

I have an EIS 4000 from GRT and a friend has a ELECTRONICS INTERNATIONAL FUEL FLOW TRANSDUCER FT60, Part # 10-01196 (about $130 from Aircraft Spruce) left over from a project. Can I use this sensor with the EIS 4000? :confused: I can have it almost free (computer rebuild with virus removal).

Dkb

I would call GRT to confirm, but I believe that's the unit they supply if you purchase the sensor package from them. just about everyone uses the EI sensor these days.

I'm using a red cube with the GRT EIS 4000, but you have to have the fuel flow function on your EIS, which they charge for. If your EIS has this feature turned on, then you're good to go. If not, you'll have to send the EIS back to GRAt to turn it on. Either way, it's worth it. I put fuel flow at the top of my list of options in any plane.

I don't think you need to send it back, I think they will just give you some codes to put into the device.

Also, be careful which starting FloCal number you use. There are two. Using the wrong one will lead to extended calibration periods (don't ask how I know about this). I believe your starting FloCal is 200 with that sensor but don't take my word for it.