SMO

Well Known Member
Friend
In one of Deakins articles he refers to ensuring the fuel flow is set at its redline or a little over in order to ensure proper cooling on takeoff, and that as little as .5 gph difference can be significant. Does anyone know where to find what the fuel flow gph redline is supposed to be?

I have an O-320-E2A that has been converted to fuel injection, constant speed, and upgraded with 8.7:1 pistons in an RV-4, turns 2700 RPM.

Last edited:
Fuel Flow

I'm not totally sure of the max fuel flow in your configuration, but i suspect that it could be in the 18-20 gal. per hr. range for sea level take off 100% power.

Deakins may have been refering to a Continental Engine setup where this practice is done due to a recirculating fuel flow pattern where excess fuel not used is returned to the tank. Fuel pumps on Continental Engines can be adjusted for this condition. This is not common practice in fuel injected Lycoming setups.

Check with Don Rivera at Airflow Performance for a better reading on this. His advertisement is the seventh one down on the left of post. I highly recommend his shop if you ever have need of anything fuel supply related. His shop can help you set your engine up for Lean Of Peak operation similar to the GAMI (tm) injectors.

Check with Don Rivera at Airflow Performance for a better reading on this. His advertisement is the seventh one down on the left of post. I highly recommend his shop if you ever have need of anything fuel supply related. His shop can help you set your engine up for Lean Of Peak operation similar to the GAMI (tm) injectors.

That is a different Airflow, they make airconditioners for aircraft. Try this link to get info for fuel injection.

http://www.airflowperformance.com/