jbagley

Well Known Member
I just got the FT-60 "red cube" installed and working with my MGL mini extreme. But, the rates are wildly inaccurate; reading 5gph at idle or some such.

Was wondering if anyone with an MGL EFIS and a red cube would mind sharing their K-factor for me to use as a starting point?

Thanks!

James, where did you install the transducer? I just installed one (after flying without one for 140 hours). I put it between the mechanical fuel pump and the carb. Works pretty well...I've got the accuracy down to about 5% error. After the next tank of gas, I'm hoping to have it within 2%.

James, where did you install the transducer? I just installed one (after flying without one for 140 hours). I put it between the mechanical fuel pump and the carb. Works pretty well...I've got the accuracy down to about 5% error. After the next tank of gas, I'm hoping to have it within 2%.

Nice! I'm not sure if i'll get that good of accuracy as i've installed mine between the boost pump and gascolator. I know other people that have installed in this location and, as a retrofit, it's easiest. I'll likely move it to between the mechanical pump / carb if and when I change out those fuel lines.

Floscan

I have the Floscan and an Odyssey G2, so it may not be applicable, but my calibrated at a K factor of 9600

http://www.mglavionics.com/MGL_Avionics_Lycoming_Engine_Sender_Installation.pdf

Matt form MGL USA has put together a great guide for engine setup using there RDAC. Info may be applicable to you as there is info. in there for the red cube.

Good call. I used that exact document during RDAC installation, but followed the printed sheet that came with the red cube to install the fuel flow. Didn't think to look elsewhere when I installed the red cube because the printed instructions that came with it actually worked. :rolleyes:

I'll start with 18,000 as the K-factor and test from there.