Dayton Murdock

Well Known Member
Hi All
When I install my new fuel flow transducer do I have to install it between the carburetor and the fuel pump or can I install it after the fuel selector valve inside the cockpit?
E.I. FP-5L with FT-60 transducer

Hello Dayton.
I did qute a lot of research on this subject. My engine if fuel injected and it was recommended to place it down stream of the engine driven pump and before the fuel injection servo.
I hope this information helps. I am using the Floscan Transducer with the Dynon system.

Dayton,

You just started one of those never ending debates.

The ideal location is just before the carb/fuel servo with six inches of straigh pipe before and after the FFG.

That said...

People have put them between the fuel valve and electric pump, between the electric pump and machancical pump, and...

You get the idea. All the locations seem to work just fine. I put mine between the gascolator and machanical pump so there is at least some type of filter prior to the fuel hitting the FFG.

Dayton,
I have the following setup: Lycoming O320 (160HP), with E.I. FP-5L with FT-60 transducer. But I can only offer one data point. I installed mine after the engine mechanical fuel pump & before the carburetor. In that location it has been very accurate.

Wish we had data for other locations as I thought about cockpit location also.

Bill

Last edited:
Mine has been working perfectly between the selector valve and the boost pump for over 15 years.
I have inspected aircraft with the transducer mounted in place you can only imagine. They all seem to work fine.