hydroguy2

Well Known Member
During my 2 engine run yesterday, I took down some data during the brief run. Looks like I have some work to do.

Full rich Fuel flow at 1200rpm was showing 7gph, seems a bit high for an IO360, AFP, red cube feeding the info to a Dynon180.

any thoughts?

Brian,

What Kfactor did you set in the Dynon and where and how did you mount your cube, I can't remember?

Brian, You will be calibrating the fuel flow during your test period. I had the Flowscan in mine and it took several flights to dial it in. It read way high at first. I changed to a Red Cube this spring and the K factor was right on from day one. Don

Full rich Fuel flow at 1200rpm was showing 7gph, seems a bit high for an IO360, AFP, red cube feeding the info to a Dynon180.
any thoughts?

I think 2-2.5 gph would be much closer to reality, 7 is definately way high!

I think I set the Kfactor=68000(will check today). Red cube mounted between the AFP body and fuel spider under #1cylinder. I'll be doing some checks next run up to see if it is even responding properly

I think I set the Kfactor=68000(will check today).
That setting shouldn't be that far off. We had to dial in an adjustment of about 3500 (lower) I believe. Can check if it is important.
Our O-320 show about .7-1.2 depending on how it is leaned.

This is another one that you can't have a one-FF fits all, for the prop load determines how much HP is required to give the rpm, which will be quite different for a CS in fine pitch vs a high-pitch FP prop.