xblueh2o

Well Known Member
Searched previous threads for a while but couldn't find a good answer.
I have a question regarding bending the float arm wires with regard to QB tanks. Reading the instructions/plans they have you bend the arms and check that the float makes it to the specified distance from the top and bottom skin and then adjust as necessary from there. That's great if you have a standard build tank and the T-702 rear baffle is not yet installed. For those of us with QB tanks can I assume that if I bend the wire to the dimensions provided that it will be close enough and any further tweaking can be done in calibrating the EFIS down the road?

Searched previous threads for a while but couldn't find a good answer.
I have a question regarding bending the float arm wires with regard to QB tanks. Reading the instructions/plans they have you bend the arms and check that the float makes it to the specified distance from the top and bottom skin and then adjust as necessary from there. That's great if you have a standard build tank and the T-702 rear baffle is not yet installed. For those of us with QB tanks can I assume that if I bend the wire to the dimensions provided that it will be close enough and any further tweaking can be done in calibrating the EFIS down the road?

It was for me. The only issue is that my left tank reads 15 gal. at full while my right tank reads 16 gal at full (Dynon 180). However once the tanks burn down below those levels, the readings seem to be quite accurate.

-John Banister

If I remember, one side had to have the float turned around on the wire to clear for full sweep.

Thanks guys. I figured it would work but just wanted to check. I'll have a go bending wire up later in the week when I get time at the airport again.