volucre

I'm New Here
Hi guys,

I don't see a fuel filter between the fuel tank and the carburettors on the Rotax. The screen on the gascolator is surely not good enough???

Am I missing something obvious here? :confused:

G

The gascolator screen is a very fine mesh. On my first few flights I have gotten a very few tiny specks of foreign matter out in the fuel sampler, proving to me that the gascolator is trapping these particles, rather than letting them go through. I will remove the bowl at the first oil change to make sure there is nothing trapped in the bowl.

dont add a fuel filter because if you get debris in the fuel filter and it blocks you wont get any fuel but if you get debris in the carby chances are your engine will continue to run even if very roughly

dont add a fuel filter because if you get debris in the fuel filter and it blocks you wont get any fuel but if you get debris in the carby chances are your engine will continue to run even if very roughly

... and besides, whereas large chunks of something foriegn could block an inline filter, they will just swirl around in the gascolator bowl and come out when you drain it. Seems to me the design is good.