baisicrv

Hi fellow RVers
I am cheap and would like to find replacement o-rings for the older fuel caps.My caps are old but work fine they just need new o-rings and Vans no longer supplies them.I have tried the search button but the black o-ring size still eludes me .Anyone have ideas except spending good gas money on new caps.
Thanks

Most auto parts stores and some hardware stores have a variety of o-rings that you could try to match up. McMaster-Carr and MSC each carry a huge range of all types of o-rings. You'll need to measure your OD, ID, and thickness.

o-ring

Thanks
The problem is the o-ring is already stretched so I can not match up because I do not have the oringinal size.

I'm not sure what constitutes an "old" or "new" cap, but my RV-6A was built in the early 1990s, so that's pretty old for RVs.

Here are the approximate dimensions of one of my o-rings:

OD: 1.955"
ID: 1.541"
thickness: 0.207"

o ring

Hi Brian

Mine was built around the same time.Vans said if it is black it is older and no longer available.The new cap has a brown o-ring and that is available.

Current cap is Usher UD-3. Large O-ring is 2-235 sized Viton 75 (brown). Small o-ring is 2-012 sized Viton 75.

Cheers,

Vac

Black o-ring only

Please everyone
The brown o-ring is available!!!!

I want any info for the BLACK o-ring

Need the size or where to find.I would measure mine but it is stretched so hoping anyone has this info somewhere.

Thanks

Can we ask why you're needing the black o-ring and the brown one won't do? The brown Viton rings are resistant to a wider variety of chemicals, but are known to be a little harder and may not seal as well in certain applications in very cold temperatures.

Just wondering if there's something special about the black rings that I'm missing.

Last edited:
o-ring

Thanks Brian

I was not sure if you had the black rings as you just mentioned size and not color.My understanding was the two o-rings are different sizes and not interchangeable.