ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
I just received my polished/engraved fuel caps for my -6A from Steve T. at aircraftspecialty.com and I couldn't be happier with them. The finish looks great and the engraving is perfect. Even better, Steve dropped me a note to let me review the work before it was done and another to let me know when they shipped. More info is available at http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/engraving.html.

FillerCap.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated except as a well satisfied customer.

That's good except for one thing...

If that cap ever falls off and lands in someone's yard, do you really want to be sued by the home owner for the near miss?

I would recommend leaving the N-number off.

That's good except for one thing...

If that cap ever falls off and lands in someone's yard, do you really want to be sued by the home owner for the near miss?

I would recommend leaving the N-number off.

Who said he put HIS N-number on it? :)

In all seriousness, about 95% of our engravings have N numbers on them. It seems to be the most popular option....but we are happy to engrave any way that our customers like!!!

Has that ever even happened? I think I'd prefer to worry more about doing a good pre-flight than hypotheticals involving N-numbers and fuel caps.

I especially like the fact that the "91UL" is engraved on the cap in addition to the "100LL". When the day comes that 100LL goes away, then everyone who only engraved 100LL onto their caps will need to buy new fuel caps! :p

Personally, I'd prefer to simply have "MIN 91 OCTANE" or whatever to designate the minimum grade of fuel the engine needs, and to satisfy the legal requirement for the tank being placarded for grade of fuel, and not involve the term "100LL" at all.

In addition to our fuel Cap Engraving, we are also offering custom CNC cut instrument panels, as well as Powder coating and labeling services.

We offer extremely competitive pricing by keeping our overhead low. Even if you only want to have your panel cut, we will keep your CAD drawing on file forever, so if you ever choose to have some custom labels made down the road, or want to do an overlay, we will already have all the measurements on hand to make sure that it is done perfectly.

If you are interested in more information, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

More information can be found on our website at http://aircraftspecialty.com/instpanels.html

If you click on the pictures tab, you can see some of our recent work.

Have a great week, and I look forward to seeing some of you at Oshkosh.

Steve

Mel,

We are starting to see more of that on the fuel caps we have been engraving recently.

As always, we will engrave anything you'd like on your caps. Still waiting for the first engraving to come through with Min 91 OCT/ Plutonium

If anyone wants to change their caps out...there is a good option to buying new usher caps. By the time you buy two new usher caps, and then pay to have them polished/engraved, you are getting close in price to upgrading to engraved locking Andair fuel caps.

The lead times on these caps can be quite long, so we always keep about 10 sets in stock so that we have them available to engrave and send to customers without them having to deal with international shipping and wait times.

We also have a limited number of Andair caps available that are keyed alike, for those customers who have two aircraft and want all caps keyed alike.

Stev

So, I'm at a good point to pull my caps and have engraving done as I prefer that to decals. I looked up Lycoming SI 1070Q, Specifed Fuels, and it would appear that my IO-540-C4B5 was "certified for use with grade 91/96, commercial grade designation 100LL or 100, alternate military and commercial grade AVGAS 91/96UL" (plus other higher grade alternates). My question for the group is what should go on the cap that would cover all the bases-- MIN 91/96UL - 30 US GAL?