Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
Does anybody know how far out the side of the fuselage the fuel feed and vent lines need to stick out? I was trying to measure looking at the wing just now and my guess is ~2 3/4" for the vent and ~2 1/4" for the feeds? Can anybody verify how far the flair needs to be from the side of the fuselage? I am going to start running the tubing tomorrow and i'd like to get the distance right (or close enough) so I can have the fitting on and waiting. Also it appears as though they are both straight shots out on the 9 wing?

Thanks,
Scott
#90598 (Fuselage kit 95+% done)
N598SD reserved

i have 2 1/2" from side of fuse to lip of finished flair for the feed and 3" for the vent hope this helps. bob mcmillin rv-9 workin on canopy bow.

Don't bother running the vent until the wing is on, it's only a short tube. About the fuel line, I left mine long then trimmed it when I first put the wings one for drilling the bottom skin. It really wasn't much to have someone hold the wing tip while I used a small tubing cutter to shorten the tube. Once the wing was one I was then able to make it right where I wanted to. I then put the fitting on when I pulled the wing to do all those nutplates.

Thanks Bob. 2.5" feed 3" vent. That's what i'll do. Since I already fit the wings and did everything (but this) I would rather not have to put them on take them off again to flair a couple tubes. Now if only I did not waste last night when my wife wasn't around replacing the undersized AN4-12A bolts in the gear weldments with 13A's I might have actually started bending up the tubes.

Scott
#90598 (Fuselage kit 95+% done)
N598SD reserved