rock5219

On the RV-9A, how far do the fuel and vent lines have to extend beyond the sides of the fuselage in order for the AN fittings to reach the AN fittings on the tanks? I know I can take the tank off and measure it, but it would save a lot of time if someone was so kind as to share the dimensions with me. Thanks, Randy RV9A Finishing

Last edited:
I think the reason..

no one has answered your question is that no human has ever been able to run a single full length line from the tank to the selector valve in an -A model.;)

I'd love to help, but I haven't done mine yet. I'm gonna use a combo of hoses from Bonaco and a bulkhead fitting at the fuselage.

Roger
-9A slow QB
La Grande Oregon

I tried to leave about four inches outside on my 7-A and needed to trim a bit off as I slid the wing into place.

flfinish.jpg

I must be not be human.

Tip: this link takes you to a little write up I did about running fuel lines. http://www.rvforge7.com/pg3.htm

Last edited:
One piece was a pain in the ___, but it worked out. I ran a fuel return line as well for my FI. I am trying to determine the finished length from the exterior fuselage wall to the flanges on the tank plate. I can always take the tank out of the wing for a measurement, but am trying to avoid this. Thanks, Randy

Last edited:
Running the 3/8" line was very difficult. The task was made managable for me by using the Andair fuel value, which does not require you to cross the lines. That is, the left line connects to the left side of the value, and not to the right side. Also, keep that firewall off! If you have installed the firewall already, it will really be a pain.