skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
Hey Doug -

As someone who is waiting anxiously to break my piggy bank and get started building (fingers crossed that it'll happen very soon), I have to say I loved the videos on the front page today. I especially liked Danny's cockpit tour - I'd love to see more videos of airplane "tours" from guys who have flown for a while now and can give an opinion about the different options they installed on their planes (what they like about their choice/location of instruments, switches, etc. - maybe even some 5 minute inflight "check out how my glass works" kind of cockpit tour). I suppose it's no different than reading about the planes and looking at pictures in the forums, but I for one enjoyed the video much more for some reason.

Great job! :D

Brandon

I totally agree here! This is a GREAT motivator for those getting ready to build, and those of us already on the road. Very :cool: !!

You guys are very welcome! I'm looking fwd to doing more stuff like that (cockpit tours, flights, etc).

Fun to do!!!

B,
D

The cockpit tour is great. I love the part where he's talking about the 3000 fpm VSI and says "...I can peg that son of a gun." Very cool.

How about a tour of Flash?

skelrad said:
I'd love to see more videos of airplane "tours" from guys who have flown for a while now and can give an opinion about the different options they installed on their planes (what they like about their choice/location of instruments, switches, etc. - maybe even some 5 minute inflight "check out how my glass works" kind of cockpit tour).
I also enjoyed the vidoes and would like to see more airplane tours. How about a video tour of Flash?

ericwolf said:
snip....How about a video tour of Flash?
LOL! Let me get my replacement GPS in and let me get the right side of the panel all pretty before I do that!!! I'll do it for sure, though.

b,
d

One other thing that would be cool for the inflight stuff. It should be possible to get a cheap external mic for the video camera. Stick that under the earcup of your headset and then we can hear the cockpit conversation and radio traffic rather than just the engine hum.

audio input through intercom system

Chief Aircraft sells a pig-tail affair that plugs into your headset jacks (and your headset jacks then plug into those jacks). It has a male stereo plug that plugs into the mic jack on your video cam. It works great and picks up both transmissions on intercom and any radio traffic. I like mine quite a bit and I believe it cost 30 bucks.