John Courte

Well Known Member
So I've checked out the io-390.com site, and searched the forums, but I'm curious if anyone has installed an O/IO-360 with a front-mounted governor. I know yakdriver has, but I'm gathering some more intel.

The O-360F1A6 has a case that looks suspiciously like that of the O-540, with the extra bulge up front for the governor drive gear. According to the io-390.com site (thanks Matt Dralle for the detailed info), the RV10 front baffles don't actually work, because the air dam doesn't extend far enough forward.

What's the best course of action? Modify the 360 baffles that came with the kit, modify a set of 540 front baffles, or fab up new parts from .032?

Any pics you have would be awesome

cheers,
-john

I also checked out Bill Wightman's picasaweb album, and it looks like everything from the 360 kit can sit forward of the governor and not interfere. This is good news.

Still looking for options...

Check the "Baffle 2"

tab on IO-390.com site

John,

I included photos and instructions of how I did the front baffle on an IO-390 and Mark posted them on his site. If you need higher resolution photos, send me your email address.

Best regards,

Bill
RV-7 N151WP
Lees Summit, MO