cdwambolt

can anyone help me with a photo or part # for the cable hookup on an angle valve front governor engine. I have the MT governor from Vans. Should the cable come from above or below? I originally had a rear mount engine and used Van's bracket this necessitated the cable routed from below, but would require quite a bit of engineering to penetrate the front baffle; if the cable comes from above/rear, the arm on the governor rotates the wrong way (can that be changed on the MT gov?). I called Van's and the voice on the other end said the same rear mount bracket would work. It can with some modification, but it just doesn't seem right. The Van's parts for the front mount fuel injector mixture and throttle are wonderful, I can't believe there isn't a better way to do the prop cable. I'm wondering if there is a part that the fellow I spoke to a Van's doesn't know about. Anyone?

Charlie,

Since you mentioned it is an angle valve, I'm assuming that you have your intake mounted on the baffle floor in front of the #2 cyl. It would be pretty hard to work a cable around that.

Here's how I did it on my -390:
propgovbracket3.jpg

propgovbracket4.jpg

The hardware I used is supposed to be for the mixture control, but I didn't need it for that. I did have to put in a small hump on the cowl to accomodate this setup, though. I tried using the stock bracket, but it came too close to the FI lines for my taste.

Marc of www.io-390.com did it another way using the stock bracket and some additional hardware.

-Scott
N653S RV-7A

Scott,

thanks, I like that little bellcrank, I'm using it for my mixture. How did you terminate the cable itself? I assume you fabricated a bracket and mounted to the case somewhere.