flyinmonque

Well Known Member
Tried to post these Sunday night as a slide show with no luck. Taken 10-2-09 on a blue sky day after a storm had passed. Snow level had dropped to 6200 ft. Forgot to check OAT at 14,500ft but as I came down to 12,00ft it was 22* at 11:00am local.

img7265rs.png

img7233rs.png

img7231rs.png

img7209rs.png

img7190rs.png

img7175rs.png

img7164rs.png

Didn't know where "Flap Top Wilderness Area" was but thanks to Google Maps I see that it is west of Denver.

Spectacular pics and thanks for posting. The world is a whole lot different from a few thousand feet than it is from 35000 ft. :eek::cool:

Great pics!

I have backpacked that area, looks a lot different from the air. Nice fall colors.

Hey, thanks for posting these pix. They're great. Having previously lived in Steamboat Springs, I recognized Hahn's Peak and Steamboat Lake right away. I didn't have my PP-ASEL ticket back then, but you just reminded me why I need to break the bounds of the greater Denver area and head out there for some high-level sight-seeing.

So where are you based? Anywhere near Steamboat? I'd love to check out your RV.. Which model are you flying?