Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
Just a note to offer a tip to those of you still building about your fresh air vents. When I put mine in a couple of years back I did nothing to seal the front half with the eyeball to the rear half that the hose hooks on to. No big deal right? Wrong, at least that is what my wife thinks. In cold weather air leaks around where the two pieces join and makes her legs ache. For the last 3 or 4 months the weather has been warm so there isn't a problem, but with the long trip coming up to LOE I was put on notice. So the canopy comes off, seats out, rear bulkhead out, pillows all over the floor and foot well, wedged in between the control sticks, neck aching, etc. Okay the first one is apart, repeat on the other side. With them both out now a bead of silicone between the halves and back into the pretzel knot under the panel. Oh *$#@), it is so hot in this hanger today. Why in the world did I not seal this thing originally? Well, hopefully this fixes the leaks because I don't want to lay like this under this panel again for a long time. Oh yeah, note to self. Post on the list so hopefully somebody else doesn't have to go through this.

Blue Skies,
Bryan 9A "Flyin The Flag"