[email protected]

Well Known Member
I am starting to gather equipment to paint my 10.

I have never worked with a fresh air system before, what are the advantages between a "Paint hood" or a full face mask. I plan on wearing a Tevek suit as well. Seems like the full face mask systems are more expensive.

Bill

Glasses

If you wear glasses they will not fit under the full face mask. They do sell a special frame which fits into the mask but you will need to have lenses made to fit the frame.

I don't have any experience with the hood.

I used a HobbyAir full face mask. I thought it was great. It protects your eyes from vapor at the same time (something safety glasses won't do). The best part though is the cool breeze blowing over your face while you paint. Instead of a dreading putting on a hot, sweaty, smelly respirator you get to look forward to putting on the nice, non-stinky, cool respirator.

Guy

I used a HobbyAir full face mask. I thought it was great. It protects your eyes from vapor at the same time (something safety glasses won't do). The best part though is the cool breeze blowing over your face while you paint. Instead of a dreading putting on a hot, sweaty, smelly respirator you get to look forward to putting on the nice, non-stinky, cool respirator.

Guy

This, and the full mask with airflow keeps your glasses or goggles from fogging.